Any Cute Ideas?

Decorating By jjandascog Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 2:28am by debsuewoo

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, finally came up with an idea for the anniversary cake. It's their 25th and they just sent their 4th child off to college. So, I'm thinking of making a bird's nest out of chocolate-covered pretzel sticks and have 4 sets of tracks leading off to the front side of the cake. At the end of each track, put a little birdie with something appropriate for what each child is doing. Like the daughter just went off to college, one son is in the army and has been in Iraq and Afghanistan numerous times, one son has been traveling all over the world teaching English, etc. and the other son I still have to find out about. I've only met him once. Have two birds in the nest for the parents and make a sign hanging on the nest or standing next to it that says "Do Not Disturb". And then of course the top of the cake would say Happy 25th. Anybody have any cute ideas that might go with this? This family is really special to me so I really want to make this as cute as possible. Thanks in advance!

6 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 7

That sounds tooo cute I can't wait to see the pics.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 7

That sounds tooo cute I can't wait to see the pics.

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 8 Aug 2005 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 7

Your idea sounds really, really cute!

I know when my kids are out of the house, I'm going to do some major relaxing and some things I like to do that is hard to do with little ones around. You could...

Show the parent birdies doing some major relaxing. Like little martini glasses; have them sleeping, covered with a blanket and snuggled up together; have a little convertible on the outside of the nest...

something along those lines would be cute.

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 1:34am
post #5 of 7

That would be cute! I'm trying so hard to think of ideas for the kiddie birds that I hadn't thought about the parents. I was just going to stick them in the nest. I'll have to have them relaxing. Now my husband is saying they should be under messy covers and smoking a cigarette. icon_redface.gif

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:14am
post #6 of 7

you could have one birdy holding a book, and one with a army helment on, and one with a plane ticket, might sound corney. lol I want to see this when you are done, make sure you post it

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 2:28am
post #7 of 7

You know, I like the idea of the kids going off and doing their own things.... like the girl you can have wearing a mortat board with a sign that says whatever college she's going to, the one son in the army, yeah, a helmet with an American flag in his wings, for the one who teaches around the world, what about having his bird holding a ruler and a globe? As for the parents, what about having the parent birds doing a 'dance of joy'? That's what I would do!

Debbi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%