I Need Help...please!

Decorating By tccksmith Updated 2 Jan 2007 , 12:33pm by peg818

tccksmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tccksmith Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:02am
post #1 of 6

I have these two wonderful bundt pans from Nordicware. One is a carousel.. It's so cute.. Can't wait to make it tommorow for my sister's birthday (who consequently gave me the bundt pans as my birthday gift) Now, on the nordicware website, they even show it exactly how I want to do it!!

http://www.nordicware.com/b2c/product_details.cfm?prodid=407&prod_master_cat=4&prod_cat=18

So what do you think they use to paint the animals on the carousel...Paint with a glaze, melted chocolate, cake paint..?? Any suggestions?? It seems so simple, yet I have no clue... ...Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

5 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:06am
post #2 of 6

It looks to me like maybe they painted the horses with melted chocolate (candy melts?). They sure got it smooth, though.

RedPanda

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 3:16am
post #3 of 6

Looks like painted cookies soo maybe they sealed the animals with something and then piped a type of cookie icing on top and painted it?

Second suggestion is that they used fondant cutouts in the shape of the animal and trimmed to fit, glued it on and painted it.

I would be interested to find out...you could also e-mail the company and ask for their product line marketing group manager and see how they did it.

Cheers,
Jane

tccksmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tccksmith Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 11:44am
post #4 of 6

Thank you all very much for your help! I am getting frustrated searching the internet and not coming up with any idea..(You would think they would say what it was made with on the website) I will post the picture when I am done. I think I will try the choclate painting method first... But I am going to email the company and ask them what it is , I should have thought of that sooner! But I am not sure if they will reply by tonight when I make it, but hopefully they will by the next time I use it! Thanks again!

cgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 6

Could it be something simple like thinned royal icing and luster dust??? Since the horses are part of the pan I wouldn't think it was candy melts unless they thinned it out and painted it on. I'm just guessing here. It sure is pretty though.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

can you set the pan so that you use the horse section as a candy mold. Then just mold the horses out of candy. Then trim the cake horse off and attach the candy horse.

I know it seems like alot of work, and i'm probably too late with an answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%