Chocolate Scrolls??

Decorating By kuki Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 3:55am by JanH

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 10

Does anybody know how to make chocolate scrolls? I want to make a cake with just chocolate scrolls aroud it, but I don't know if I can find it all ready made in some store.

9 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 8:15am
post #2 of 10

You could look on the internet for some chocolate scroll patterns, print them out, tape to a cardboard and lay a piece of waxed paper over them, then just pipe over the pattern with a plain piping tip. I would suggest a #2, or maybe a #3 at the most because the chocolate will want to spread after you have piped it and you don't want them to look too bulky. Then refrigerate and when they are set firm turn them over and peel off the waxed paper.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 8:32am
post #3 of 10

I might add that if you are wanting to stick them into the cake so they will stand out, you might want to turn them over and pipe again on the back side, this will make them sturdier. Also make extras to allow for breakage.

nickluke0705 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickluke0705 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 8:42am
post #4 of 10

Wilton makes the chocolate scrolls in patterns. I just did it on fondant and on buttercream recently. Very simple to use, just press into icing and follow with chocolate. Hope this helps.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 11:51am
post #6 of 10

I saw JanH came to the rescue again. How do you find this stuff?? icon_smile.gif Question... Any body know how to make the pirouette cookies? I've got the basic idea as far as rolling them out and such, but does any one know a recipe for the cookie? It's a thin flakey pastry I think, but what type? Any clues or ideas please let me know. Thanks.

msnrozier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msnrozier Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 10

KEEPING

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm
post #9 of 10

JanH - none of your links are working for me. I keep getting this message: The specified photo does not exist.
Wonder if it has anything to do with some of the upgrading they did recently icon_sad.gif

JanH Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:55am
post #10 of 10

Yes, it does. And a lot of the sites listed have updated, so the links no longer work. icon_sad.gif

How to make chocolate curls:
(Pictoral but says there's also a link to video.)

http://candy.about.com/od/workingwithchocolate/tp/Chocolate-Curls.htm

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%