Resolutions Anyone???

Decorating By cakekrayzie Updated 1 Jan 2007 , 5:39am by eriksmom

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 12

hey everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR party.gif !! does anyone want to share their resolution for the new year? i have decided that this year i am making one i can keep, mine is to learn to make decorated suagr cookies, cookie bouquets, cupcake cakes, and cookie cakes!! hope i can do it icon_wink.gif HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE party.gif

11 replies
JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 12

Well I have a few but the only that is about baking-decorating is to take more classes and try several new scratch recipes.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 12

This past year I let myself get too bogged down in stupidity at work and with all those pesky things that can make you crazy. I would let myself get so stressed. So, this year I resolve to focus more on the blessings in my life and not so much on the silly stuff that I can't control! (Much better than resolving to lose weight, which I always say I will but don't do!) I have a DH that loves and supports me, 3 healthy, nice kids, a few great friends and a comfortable home. I feel love every day. So, I'm very, very lucky! icon_biggrin.gif
I would also love to learn to make icing roses and reverse shells and become better at making pretty cakes! party.gif

Happy New Year, everyone!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:24am
post #4 of 12

No more EATING my cakes.....just making/decorating them!! icon_surprised.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:30am
post #5 of 12

My cake-related New Year's resolution will be to get my supplies better organized and to sell anything I'm not using on Ebay! I have a couple boxes in the garage that my hubby has been urging me to find a new home for, lol.

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:35am
post #6 of 12

My resolution is to find a certified kitchen to bake in so I can get my occupational license. Then I can post my website and start doing some advertising!

I'm happy to say that I met last years resolution and lost 65 pounds...thank you, Lord! My personal resoluton this year is to thank God everyday for at least one blessing in my life. I was walking into the supermarket this afternoon and passed a older blind gentleman who plays his accordian for tips and I was so convicted of how much I take for granted. I immediately thanked God for my eyesight...and so much more.

Happy New Year to all!! party.gif

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:48am
post #7 of 12

My goal is to take better care of myself, I've kind of let myself go since my son was born 2 years ago. I just want to take the time to do something for myself each day, even if it's just sitting down with a cup of tea and reading a little bit.

Cake-wise, I hope to get my own domain set up for my business so my address isn't a mile long! Any good reccomendations for hosts? And we're also buying our first home this spring so I hope to have a good, organized workspace set up!

Happy New year!!!

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:55am
post #8 of 12

This year is the year! I am going to use the "clothes rack" as the treadmill that it is! icon_wink.gif

Happy New Year! party.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:56am
post #9 of 12

Nah none for me I never keep them anyway!
Happy Baking!

krzyzak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzyzak Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 5:16am
post #10 of 12

I only have a few. one is go to the ices convention in omaha sence it only 1hr drive and the other is to be living in pa for thanksgiving so I can go spend a holiday with my family. Been like 7yrs. because one thing or another.

wendysue I agree with you about the ebay but i have the oppisit problem I tell my DH I going to do that and he tells me NO. he like you never know when you will need that stuff.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 5:26am
post #11 of 12

Oh, I have vowed that I will lose this weight in 2007. I really mean that. Cake related: I will organize everything and not take cakes that I cannot really devote the proper amount of time to.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 5:39am
post #12 of 12

Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited. I just know this will be a good year. I am so close to getting commercial kitchen space. My resolution for cakes is to get my license and start a real business.

In general, I am going to organize my house and learn to better budget my time. Kids grow up fast, and I don't want to miss anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%