Best Christmas Gift....

Decorating By cgirl Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 4:20am by bayougrl

cgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 11:35am
post #1 of 12

O.k. Here's a thread for the best christmas gift we got this year.

I got two gifts this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do Christmas with my kids this year related to lack of funds. It's been a tight year this year. My co-workers got together and gave me a bunch of presents for my kids, so we could have "santa" show up at the house. I also got a small gift from my landlord to use rent for Christmas. So I got to have Christmas at home with the kids.

My second gift was a foot massager that "santa" got me. It's great. I'm on my feet all day at work (I'm a nurse) so I tuck my tootsies in that thing and I'm in heaven.

So what did every one else get???

11 replies
SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 11:53am
post #2 of 12

My husband and I don't buy gifts for each other. The two best gifts we got were watching the looks on the grandkids faces when they opened their gifts. And not getting killed when someone broad sided us two days after Christmas. We're injured, but alive!
Sharon

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 12

Oh Sharon....hope you and your husband heal quickly. Your right about watching the grand/childrends faces. We have older children and a 10 year old and I love to watch our 10yr olds face. so much fun.

cgirl...what a blessing your coworkers and landlord were. Great gift the foot massager.

I was blessed this year that all my kids were home for Christmas dinner.

Jennifer

SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 12:39am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara

Oh Sharon....hope you and your husband heal quickly. Your right about watching the grand/childrends faces. We have older children and a 10 year old and I love to watch our 10yr olds face. so much fun.

cgirl...what a blessing your coworkers and landlord were. Great gift the foot massager.

I was blessed this year that all my kids were home for Christmas dinner.

Jennifer

Jennifer,
Thank you. In time we will feel better (I hope). It's always fun to watch the kids! It is great when everybody can be together!
Sharon

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 12:47am
post #5 of 12

My best Christmas present:
My husband was home! He's an overseas tugboat captain (working on West coast - LA to Seattle) and has never been home on Christmas. First time this year since 1979 when he started as a deck hand.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (we did!) and your New Year is very prosperous!!

cgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 8:46am
post #6 of 12

icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 12

My best...I brought a Chrysler Voyager Van. With this one, I can remove the back seat out when I deliver cakes that need special made boxes.

My other van that I have, you have to remove the captain seats in the middle...hassle time not to mention heavy icon_cry.gif

I've gotten use to driving my first van that I find it weird driving a car...feels so small icon_lol.gif

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 4:46am
post #8 of 12

cgirl. I'm sorry for your tight time....and I am happy that you have good friends in your co-workers that care for you and your children.

Hope things are better for you in this new year.

Caykes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caykes2 Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 5:03am
post #9 of 12

cgirl: it's wonderful to have good people in your life to show the true meaning of christmas ( giving).

SharonZ: Hope you and your husband have a speedy recovery and watching grandkids open their gifts is alway a joy.

mjs4492: There couldn't be any gift better than having your husband at home.

My best gift was from my brother. He got me Kroma Jet airbursh set. Can't wait to use it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 5:27am
post #10 of 12

My best gift didn't cost a dime and was totally unexpected. A friend/co-worker was cleaning out her garage. She had a lot of her dad's stuff and was pitching it. She laughs about the "piece of trash" she gave me for a Christmas present but I LUV'D it!

She knows I collect antique Asian china. She found and wrapped up for me a cup and saucer that was marked "Made in Occupied Japan". I have a few pieces marked like this and just literally jumped up and down when I opened it! (and to see a 47 year old fat woman do that is quite a sight!).

To me, this is the kind of gift in which the phrase "It's the thought that counts" actually has merit. She put significant thought into this gift. It was the best ever and didn't cost her a thing.

I just LUV her!

dharmasfriend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dharmasfriend Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:09am
post #11 of 12

My best gift was a KA mixer from my sister. She lives 4 hours away and when she got here, she and her daughter had set up a treasure hunt for me to find it. I had to figure out clues and run all over the house. It was a blast. But I got bummed out when I found it because there was a car wreck close to my house that had knocked our electricity out and I couldn't try it out! It was out for 4 hours!
So I finally get it out of the box (oohing and aahhing the whole time) and when I turn it on, the beater hits against the bottom of the bowl and the screw to adjust it won't adjust. Oh well, she's taking it back and bringing me another one next week. She's a wonderful sister and person in general.

bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 4:20am
post #12 of 12

My husband got to come home for a week. He is in the Navy. It was great for the kids to have their dad home for Christmas especially since my six year old daughter had it on her list for Santa!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%