Pricing Matrix...get It Here

Business By MarinersFan Updated 29 Oct 2018 , 7:25pm by Shim

SimplyKath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyKath Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #151 of 282

I have been trying to download this but it never works. Can someone send it to me? Thanks in advance,

Kathy Smith
CELEBRATIONS! Weddings & Events

NatiMF30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatiMF30 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #152 of 282

I am unable to download any of the links. Can someone message it to me? Thanks!

Rita1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rita1969 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 10:58pm
post #153 of 282

I could not download it either.
Can someone email it too me PLEASE!!!!!!
Thank you!

haleynicole0608 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haleynicole0608 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:13pm
post #154 of 282

For those of you who can't download the matrix, right click the word download and select "Save Link As" (for Firefox) or "Save Target As" (for Internet Explorer).

Rita1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rita1969 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #155 of 282

I'm sorry!
I don't have right click, I have apple computer.
I do not know too much about it.

NatiMF30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatiMF30 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #156 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleynicole0608

For those of you who can't download the matrix, right click the word download and select "Save Link As" (for Firefox) or "Save Target As" (for Internet Explorer).

No, I've done this with all 3 matrices posted on this forum and all say there is an error. It may be how my system is trying to download it but I can't figure out why!

angem4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angem4 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:37pm
post #157 of 282

It is still not working even with right clicking it to save it.

robertssl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robertssl Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:09pm
post #158 of 282

I couldn't get it too work the other day but today got it downloaded and it is awesome! Will use often

Confections_with_a_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confections_with_a_K Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #159 of 282

I take it this spreadsheet is for base pricing, any speicalized finish work will have to be calculated separately, am I correct?

velinda84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
velinda84 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:03pm
post #160 of 282

This is the neatest thing every! Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:22pm
post #161 of 282

LOVE IT!! THANKS!!

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 7:35am
post #162 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinersFan

hello! icon_biggrin.gif a gal named dawn (or denise?) sent this to me a while ago from the wilton. I think she said her and a friend made it, or something like that. anyway she sent it to me like 6 months ago...maybe more? anyway i asked her if it was alright if i could share it with others and she said yes. i wish i could remember her website for the life of me. if i think of it i will make sure and post it here so everyone can tell her thanks. icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

This excel file works in MS Excel 2003 (and probably XP, and 2000)

OK I have searched this thread and cannot find the proper link to this matrix that everyone is talking about? Someone willing to share with a newbie???? icon_confused.gif

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:26am
post #163 of 282

It helps to keep searching and i overlooked the whole Mar 10th download page. Sorry

aleverin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aleverin Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:12pm
post #164 of 282

Can someone clarify for me. If I am making two 8" cakes (using 1 cake mix box) with a filling in-between, in the price matrix do I say TWO 8" or is that considered just ONE layer of the total cake? Obviously it makes a big difference in the price...

4sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4sweet Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm
post #165 of 282

thank you

Kim2925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim2925 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 5:13pm
post #166 of 282

This is cool. Thank you

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:20am
post #167 of 282

Can't seem to open this or even use the "save as" function. Many thanks!

icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:57am
post #168 of 282

All of the matrices in this post produce a 404 error when clicked.

EvelynsNana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvelynsNana Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:19pm
post #169 of 282

I just found this thread and have tried every link to download this matrix.... None seem to be working icon_sad.gif I was hoping someone wouldn't mind sending it to me? I would so love to have a copy of it as I am a newbie at this and just getting started here! Thanks!!!!

addyb737 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addyb737 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:51am
post #170 of 282

I am trying to get the pricing right for a wedding cake that I am doing. so far all is good but I need to know if anyone knows how to do more than one filling in the matrix. each tier of the cake I am doing is going to have a different filling but the same white cake, so how do I put that in the matrix. I want to make sure I charge the right amount. also, any ideas on how to charge for a decorated cake dummy? would I charge it like a normal tier or just for ingredients (buttercream and decor). help!!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:54pm
post #171 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybee

For those of you not able to download this file, you can go to msn.com, and they have an excel viewer. You can see it but not edit it. thumbs_up.gif

Can u enter information into the viewer or just like see it as you would a pic...

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:04pm
post #172 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaT

If you don't have Microsoft Office software on your computer, you aren't completely out of luck. Sun Microsystems has published a program called OpenOffice that allows you to read and edit Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. They have free downloads available for most versions of Windows or Mac OS. All they ask in return is that you spread the word (so I'm paying for my copy right now!). Go to [url]OpenOffice.org[/url] and check it out. It works beautifully. We're using it on some of our office computers to save money and we've had no problem with it.

MiaT
U R AWESOME!! Thanks for the info.... I downloaded it and now I can use the matrix....

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:44pm
post #173 of 282

I'm glad I found this post -- the other one I keep receiving notices from is a corrupted thread! icon_cry.gif

masturbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masturbaker Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:45pm
post #174 of 282

How in the world do I use this!?? I am so not savvy... How do i put in the cost of the items?

kareninflorida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kareninflorida Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:00pm
post #175 of 282

Wow! Many thanks to Dawn, Loriana and Alice for sharing their wonderful matrices! I know they put in a great deal of hard work on them. My only issue is that I don't use box cake mixes; I bake from scratch, so I'll have to add extra ingredients to each matrix. I just hope I can figure out how to add to and/or change the formulas without screwing it all up! LOL

A special thanks to Alice and Lisa (Loriana) for going into more depth regarding cake sizes and other baked goods. I'm just starting my business, but I plan to specialize in smaller desserts such as cupcakes, cookies, and individual items like mini tarts, cheesecake pops and cake pops. I've just been asked to submit a bid for the very first time, and I have absolutely NO idea how to calculate, what to charge, etc. Once I figure out how to use these matrices, I should be good to go! icon_biggrin.gif

elegantwedding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elegantwedding Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:48pm
post #176 of 282

This is great..a useful information..thanks again..

tbmichals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbmichals Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:33pm
post #177 of 282

The download is not showing up on my computer, has it been removed or is it just me?

EmilyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyHogan Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 7:07pm
post #178 of 282

ok, I'm able to pull it up and all but how the heck do you use it??????? icon_eek.gif

mkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkbutterfly Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 9:11am
post #179 of 282

Thank you so much to everyone who put so much work into these matrices! I am a hobby baker who is trying to make extra money by baking for friends/family and trying to start a word of mouth business/grow clientele. It is a tricky balance between trying to build my cake portfolio and get "any" customers while still trying to not get taken advantage of in the process. Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Buttercream laced kisses to all of you!! <3

JennyLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennyLu Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:28pm
post #180 of 282

Thank you soooo much for this! Excel gives me hives. This makes it much less painful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%