Decorated Cookie Info!

Decorating By antonia74 Updated 9 May 2013 , 9:18pm by Annie70

Nana2three Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana2three Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 1:23pm
post #31 of 77

Cookie gallery? Can you point me in that direction please?? I'm new and still trying to find my way around!

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 7:19pm
post #32 of 77

Here's my question-

Can you freeze raw cookie dough?

Sometimes for a bouquet I only need 5-10 cookies and end up making extra cookies I have to then decorate and give away.....too much extra work just so I can use up the dough.

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 7:43pm
post #33 of 77

Yep,
I freeze my raw dough for a few weeks. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months I think!

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 7:46pm
post #34 of 77

Awesome! That's good to know!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 1:31am
post #35 of 77

definitely! The freezer is friendlier to your cookie dough than the fridge. (The fridge can tend to make the sugars break down into liquid.)

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 4:00am
post #36 of 77

Freezing it is also WAY better than making too many and eating the extras, as I tend to do..LOL

Nana2three if you look at the top of the CakeCentral page you will see where they have Galleries listed.. Just click on that and it brings you to a Gallery Directory for all the pictures that people have posted.. Scroll down to the Cookie Gallery. Not sure if I have explained this right ..but hope you can find it.

Liz

Nana2three Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 3:48pm
post #37 of 77

I found it. I started decorating my cookies this morning before I had to come to work! I'm having a blast! I still need to work on rolling the dough out to the perfect thickness.....I need one of those measuring boards. lol What thickness do y'all recommend and do any of you have any magic tricks for doing that other than the board? I'm not patient enough to wait for that!

crimsonhair Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 12:50am
post #38 of 77

Hmmm I don't have a measuring board and not really sure what it is.. I do have trouble getting all mine to be the same thickness.. I guess that comes with practice too..Anxious to see your cookies Nana2three. Make sure you take some pics so you can post them for us to see.. Have fun decorating . icon_smile.gif
Liz

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 11:27am
post #39 of 77

While at the ICES convention in New Orleans I picked up those circle thingies you put on the end of your rolling pin so that your cookies are the same thickness, used them a few weeks ago and love them. I bought a bag with 2 each of about 4 different thicknessess for a bout 8 or 9 $ I
think.

TinaRe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 1:21pm
post #40 of 77

The circle thingies are also great to roll out your fondant to the right thickness too!!! I love mine! There are 4 different sizes in the bag so you can even use these for biscuits too!!! Let's see it says it has them in 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", and 3/8". you can use them on the fondant roller also. Can you tell I really love my set!!??? icon_smile.gif

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 2:44pm
post #41 of 77

Were cuold I find those circle thingies are they cheaper than the board to start off with??

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 2:55pm
post #42 of 77

Do the circle thingies come in one size fits all rolling pins? My rolling pin is long without handles and is not as big around as your standard one.

I use wooden dowels I bought at Home Depot. I buy one that is 36" or 48" and cut it in half. Place on each side of your lump of dough and roll the rolling pin on top of the dowels. This will allow to roll out evenly.
It is easy and inexpensive although maybe not as convenient as the circles.

I have not made tons of cookies so I have not decided what is the best thickness. I know if you are putting sticks in them then they will need to be thicker. Hopefully, someone here has a good answer.

Cindy

TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:05pm
post #43 of 77

Hold on I know I saw them on a website not too long ago. I will post it when i find it.!! This might take a few minutes! Sorry.

TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:45pm
post #44 of 77

If you go to a specialty kitchen store you should be able to find them.. I am having the worst luck trying to find them on the web... anyone else find them yet?

mvigil Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:49pm
post #45 of 77

Thanks TinaRe I will check that out icon_smile.gif

TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:54pm
post #46 of 77

icon_mad.gif OK OK OK!!!! After getting REALLY agitated I finally found somewhere online that has them so that you can look and buy!!!! icon_surprised.gif I knew I saw them somewhere! Enjoy! thumbs_up.gif

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=3&SubCatId=878

TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:56pm
post #47 of 77

Oh. they are at the very bottom of the page and are called Rolling Pin Rings and are only $5.25!!! Not bad, Not bad at all. Ok I will keep quiet now!

Nana2three Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 3:59pm
post #48 of 77

Just because I'm too impatient to wait for them to arrive....I wonder if I could buy different thicknesses of similar rings at a hardware store? Just a thought!

mvigil Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:00pm
post #49 of 77

Thanks TinaRe that sure is a great price thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Saborita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saborita Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:07pm
post #50 of 77

Hi:

Time ago I bought at kitchengifts a rolller pin that included that circle thingies and I bougth two more packages of them.

You can e-mail kitchen gifts to ask if they still sold this circles only.

I post the picture I hope help you.

Saborita
LL

mvigil Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:15pm
post #51 of 77

Thanks Saborita I will also check thier
Also for the photo I was wondering what kind of pin it would need icon_biggrin.gif

TinaRe Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:26pm
post #52 of 77

I use them on the Wilton fondant roller and my regular old rolling pin! That's why i like them so much! they go on almost any rolling pin!

mvigil Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:36pm
post #53 of 77

That will work THANKS thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:47pm
post #54 of 77

all this talk about cookies is making me hungry, not to mention getting my creative juices flowing. i'm going to have to make some cookies to decorate this weekend!
thanks for all your info!!
melody

crimsonhair Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 7:31pm
post #55 of 77

Ok I understand now what you meant by rings.LOL.. I will look for some of those.. Thanks for the tips. icon_smile.gif
Liz

drusilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drusilla Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 4:39pm
post #56 of 77

Any idea on when we might be seeing your "How to article on decorating cookies" Antonia? Just wondering!!

Dru

antonia74 Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:22pm
post #57 of 77

I just emailed Jackie to find out if it was happening soon.

I submitted the info/photos last Wednesday. It was a LOT to process, I'm sure! As soon as Jackie knows, I'm sure she'll let us know. thumbs_up.gif

drusilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drusilla Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:51pm
post #58 of 77

Yippee, can't wait.

dru

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:55pm
post #59 of 77

Me either!!! Antonia is sooooooooooooo wonderful at what she does. If one day I become half as good as she is I'll be happy!! icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 7:40pm
post #60 of 77

That's so kind of you Daniela! I love your fondant cookies you did...you should do a lesson for us all on that technique icon_smile.gif . It's not something I'm very familiar with and I'd love to learn from you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%