Can U Help Me With This Cake??

Decorating By karateka Updated 29 Dec 2006 , 1:18am by sweetviolent

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 12:40am
post #1 of 7

Guys, I'm making a cake to look like the seal of the Knights Templar.. Problem is, I think it needs something. Like around the seal, some kind of border? I just don't know what. I was considering writing "Happy Birthday" on the side....

I wasn't given any guidelines except yellow cake, seal of knights templar to feed around 25 people. He saw the picture attatched below and liked it.

Any ideas?

I can't get the pic of the seal to attatch. Here's the link...

http://www.templarhistory.com/store/images/ktpin.png

Only mine doesn't have the red cross...
LL

6 replies
arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 12:50am
post #2 of 7

Maybe put a border around the top so there's no dead space of light colored frosting on top of the cake next to the seal? You could just do shells, then do a bottom shell border to match.

As for the sides I would only put Happy Birthday if you can do it in a similar 'font' and color to match the seal.

I forgot to add - great job on the seal, it really looks exactly like the sample he gave you!

Just my two cents,

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 12:51am
post #3 of 7

karateka,

I really think you cake came out VERY NICE. My only sugestions would be to put in on top of a mirror, i would definally would look better than put borders on the bottom. It loos very nice. Don't knock your self you did a great job. thumbs_up.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

missybear25_2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missybear25_2004 Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 12:51am
post #4 of 7

hmm...maybe you could outline the raised parts with black icing or something...not nessicarily black, but a different color so that it kind of pops the writing. i personally dont think it needs anything! it looks great!

cakenbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenbake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:00am
post #5 of 7

I agree it doesn't need anything else.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:10am
post #6 of 7

Do you think putting some of the red templar crosses like in the picture around the sides of the cake would work?

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 1:18am
post #7 of 7

I like the idea of the tyemplar crosses around the sides of cake- exceptional job on the seal wow great job!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%