Recipe Request

Baking By dchuff97 Updated 1 Jan 2007 , 5:26pm by ShirleyW

dchuff97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchuff97 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am looking for two recipes for frosting. I need a good decorating buttercream that tastes really really good without the crisco taste. Also my husband wants a type of icing that the local bi lo puts on there cakes. If anyone has a recipe that is good for either of those please send my way. Thanks so much.

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

I use Duff Goldman's French buttercream recipe, which is available on Food Network. Just put french buttercream into the search box. This recipe has no crisco in it.

By the icing the bi lo uses, do you mean that really soft, whipped icing? If so, that is either Rich's Bettercreme, or Pastry Pride. There is no recipe available - and if someone has one they had better cough it up! It is one of those mysteries of cake decorating.

Anyway, if you have a Sam's Club near you, you can buy one or the other from the bakery dept.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 4

bumpity bump bump

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

Here is the Italian meringue buttercream I use, it is light and not greasy, not overly sweet and goes on very smoothly. I don't have Bi Lo in my area so am not sure what type of icing they use, but if it's Pastry Pride I like it very much. Available frozen in quarts and half gallons at our local Smart & Final store, and also Cash & Carry.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2426-Italian-Meringue-Buttercream--Shirleys-Method.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%