Game Night Cake

Decorating By carlie0819 Updated 29 Dec 2006 , 11:54pm by Tkeys

carlie0819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlie0819 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a suggestions for a Game night cake no sports please only board games , pictures and ideas welcome the cake is for the 30th

7 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 8

You could do a cake with different pieces of board games on the cake. If you do any fondant work make a car for monopoly or the pieces for chutes and ladders, cards that look like skipbo. Or you could draw all this on the cake. HTH with some ideas.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 8

Maybe you could do a pictionary board w/ different games drawn on it?

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 8

Or chess or dominos, checkers. It really depends on what kind of game nite that is being planned.

jastaus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jastaus Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 8

i am working on a poker cake now (new james bond theme etc) kinda in the same boat. poker chips, cards, etc etc i'll show once i finish it. let me know what you make. also candy land is always fun... it would be so cool to make a cake that can be played with before eating too.. or a scrabble board with the peices spelling out happy new year or something.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 8

Here is one I made for my Grandson. The game pieces are all made of gumpaste, the Monopoly board and playing cards have edible images glued to gumpaste. The dice are sugarcubes with royal icng dots. The checkerboard and Scrabble pieces are fondant.
LL

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 8

that's a great cake!

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 8

If it is for a 30th birthday, the Game of Life cake could be cute. Here is a link from the gallery: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=game%20life&cat=0&pos=4&search=game%20life

You could use the Game of Life board as the base, and you can mark different events along the way, using real things from the person's life if you want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%