Cookie Club - Suggestions For January Theme

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 2 Jan 2007 , 12:48am by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 33

Hope you all had a great Holiday season!

Any thoughts or suggestions for the January theme??

32 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 33

This site:
http://www.brownielocks.com/january.htm
has unusual holidays in january...
I rather like 'jump out of bed month'; 'oatmeal month'; 'someday we'll laugh about this week'; 'national chocolate covered cherry day'; and 'fancy rat and mouse day'...oh, dear!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 2:28am
post #3 of 33

Well the only thing I can think of for January is football (don't know why cuz I HATE footballl icon_razz.gif ) But maybe we could do all sorts of sports...baseball, football, hockey, etc... since this is not a major holiday month.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 2:44am
post #4 of 33

Some other ideas for January cookie themes

Mozart's birthday - Jan 27
Penguin Awareness Day - Jan 20
Robbie Burns Night - Jan 25
Oprah's birthday - Jan 29
Australia Day - Jan 26th

bonniebakes Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 33

"fancy rat and mouse day"?????

There really is a holiday for everything!! icon_biggrin.gif

here are some other ideas...

* winter sports
* things that make you feel warm and fuzzy
* snow

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 33

what about "what do you wish for?" sorta like i wish i had a red corvette, then i could make red corvette cookies or i wish i weighed 120lbs then i could make scale shaped cookies with 120lbs iced on it....i'm probably not helping but this just sorta popped into my head....oh wait a minute, what about "let loose the imagination" and then we could really go wild with them....

7yyrt Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 33

How about the fancy rats and mice doing winter sports? icon_biggrin.gif
they would be warm and fuzzy... icon_redface.gif

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 33

bonniebakes- not fair to do "snow" as a theme since several people (myself included...) did snowflake cookies for the december theme! WAH! I like a football or general sports theme, since there are a lot going on in January.

Any possibility of getting the rule on uploading cookie club photos to the gallery changed? If you notice, there is now a "date uploaded" in the info for each pic...

Amber

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelligirl

what about "what do you wish for?" sorta like i wish i had a red corvette, then i could make red corvette cookies or i wish i weighed 120lbs then i could make scale shaped cookies with 120lbs iced on it....i'm probably not helping but this just sorta popped into my head....oh wait a minute, what about "let loose the imagination" and then we could really go wild with them....

I like the what you wish for idea !! icon_smile.gif Makes it more interesting seeing the story behind the cookie. Just my 'pinion icon_redface.gif

TaraRowan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TaraRowan Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:10pm
post #10 of 33

would someone mind telling me the "rules" for the cookie exchange?

I'm new here icon_redface.gif

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:21pm
post #11 of 33

What about Circus theme? All types of animals, clowns, or even get crazy with side show stuff like rides, fortune tellers, Coney Island things?

Or maybe the mouse olympics?

Rebecca

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 33

new too..what is the cookie club?

jelligirl Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:42pm
post #13 of 33

bonnie,

can you explain the rules for the cookie theme club? i can't find anything about this.

please and thank you icon_smile.gif

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:42pm
post #14 of 33

For the newbies....the monthly cookie club is where you post pictures in the cookie forum [not your personal gallery] according to whatever the monthly theme is....

look thru this forum and you'll see prior month's posts. You just make cookies to fit the theme.

Hope that explains it alright....from a bum who has never posted to it, lol.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:43pm
post #15 of 33

Read the first post here:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53716.html

then look at all the beautiful cookies!

Amber

jelligirl Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 7:49pm
post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalis

....from a bum who has never posted to it, lol.

mbalis! i'm at work trying to not to laugh out loud icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 8:01pm
post #17 of 33

A while back someone suggested that "we" (and I use the term loosely seeing that I haven't entered any cookies lately) do a month dedicated to girly things, shoes, lipstick. pretty dresses..... I liked that idea.

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:25pm
post #18 of 33

I like the idea of sports.

Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:28pm
post #19 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

How about the fancy rats and mice doing winter sports? icon_biggrin.gif
they would be warm and fuzzy... icon_redface.gif

LOL, you're funny! icon_lol.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 29 Dec 2006 , 11:43pm
post #20 of 33
babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 12:01am
post #21 of 33

New, New beginnings , the New year, New years dreams, my names babynewyear my new start was cake decorating. icon_biggrin.gif Although I need to do cookies. tapedshut.gif havent yet.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:17am
post #22 of 33

I really like babynewyear's suggestion of "new" something or other..could be very creative and the stories would be great!

J

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:59am
post #23 of 33

Things that start with the letter "A" since its a new year and "A" starts off the alphabet. Thats my 2 second brainstorm while reading this thread.

I like the "new" idea or the "wish" idea.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:42am
post #24 of 33

how about we make cookies that reflect what our new year's resolutions are? like someone's (sorry don't remember who it was and too lazy to go back and check) scale cookies. we can make hour glass cookies or money cookies or a cookie w/ a slash through it would be funny for those who resolved to diet.

i think football should go in february because that's when superbowl is.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:47am
post #25 of 33

I second the "wish" or "new" ideas. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 8:45am
post #26 of 33

Hmmm... lots of cool ideas suggested! The first thing that popped into my head was resolutions, so I'll second mxpark's idea. icon_smile.gif I like the 'Wish' idea too though. We just did sports in the fall, so I'd rather go with something different.

bonniebakes Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 7:43pm
post #27 of 33

great ideas everyone - keep 'em coming!

So far it seems like the most popular themes for January are "wishes", "new", and "resolutions"

Any other thoughts/comments/suggestions about those theme ideas of any others?

For those of you who are new to the "Cookie Club" it is a thread that we can post pictures of cookies each month based on a monthly thmee that the group collectivly decides on. It was started by Cake_Princess last spring and I've been helping her out by keeping it going. The original idea was to hve a plce where we could be cretive with cookie baking, since so many of us cake bakers also make decorated cookies. It is also a chance to try out new techniques, be creative, and learn from each other. I know I've learned a lot and it's given me an excuse to try some new recipes and techniques!

Each month, when I begin the new thread for the cookie club theme, I repost the "guidelines." Here is the link to the December Cookie Club theme post - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53716.html - the first post in the thread has the guidelines. You're welcome to PM me or post here if you have any other questions.

Speaking of guidelines, for those of you who wish to change some of the original guidleines - would you mind PMing me about what you feel should be changed/what you would want it to be changed to? Next week, I'll post a thread with all of the suggestions that people have proposed, so everyone who participates can comment about them. If there is support for changing the guidelines, we can talk about what/how to do that.

thanks everyone!!

Bonnie

codegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
codegirl Posted 31 Dec 2006 , 3:18am
post #28 of 33

I'm totally in for the new or resolution cookies for January! Great ideas everyone!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 12:24am
post #29 of 33

What about a "Winter Wonderland" theme? I know it similar to Christmas but there are plenty of cookies to make for the Winter season besides snowflakes and snowmen.

7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2007 , 12:51am
post #30 of 33

'Wish' I understand, but I just can't figure out 'new'... Like kittens or puppies or something?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%