Dress Bow

Decorating By tanyab Updated 11 Aug 2005 , 10:05pm by peacockplace

tanyab Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:05am
post #1 of 5

I would like to try a cake with a dress bow on it. Not sure it is called that. Just the simply style of bow. Could any one help me with directions on achieving this effect.


4 replies
ntertayneme Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:25am
post #2 of 5

Here is a link to a "How to" article here on CC


hope this is what you're looking for and that it helps you out icon_smile.gif

itsacake Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 7:30am
post #3 of 5

Here is a link to instructions on Earlene's site for a dress bow on the edge of a cake tier. If you wanted it flat, it wouldn't be very different. There are a couple of pictures of cakes with bows at the top of the page and the instructions are at the bottom of the page, so you have to scroll down.


Hope this helps.

tanyab Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. I am taking both of these and working with them. I have made the loops and they are drying. Now, the scarry part of putting them together.

Thanks again,

peacockplace Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 5

FYI... the bow on cakescentral is called a Puff Bow. The directions for a dress bow on Earlene's site are pretty much what I go by.

Quote by @%username% on %date%