Stacking Wedding Cake ?

Decorating By irisinbloom Updated 7 Aug 2005 , 10:38pm by traci

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 7

I think I made a boo-boo and I hope someone can tell me this. I am stacking a wedding cake using colums, this is a three tier cake. Question is I just put cake on separator plate and decorated without using a cake board, will this be okay, thanks for any advice.

6 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 7

No worries..it will be fine. For this use, the board just helps to protect the plastic separator thumbs_up.gif plate.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 7

I've done that before too irisinbloom.. it'll be ok .. the only thing the cakeboards do is protect your separator plates and also allows whoever is serving the cake to pick it up off the cake plate a little easier if the entire cake tier isn't served .. but they can still get it off your cake plate w/o a lot of problems icon_smile.gif

irisinbloom Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you all sooooo very much. I will post pic later on today. I don't know what I would do without everyones willingness to help, you all will be with me todayicon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 7

..good luck today and we'll be thinking about you and waiting for pictures!

irisinbloom Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif , Well just wanted to let everyone know the cake was a hit and no problems with the stacking and it held up good, as I heard someone say one time the cake held up better than me. Everyone loved it and thats what makes it all worth while, so thanks to everyone who helped, I have posted a pic in the gallery thumbs_up.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 7

The cake is beautiful! I like the color combination. Good job! thumbs_up.gif
traci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%