Angel Food Sheet Cake?

Decorating By amysjustpeachy Updated 25 Feb 2005 , 1:18am by Susan94

amysjustpeachy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysjustpeachy Posted 9 Feb 2005 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I've been asked to make a wedding cake with a couple of sheet cakes for extra servings. The bride asked that one of the sheet cakes (12x1icon_cool.gifbe an angel food cake, iced and decorated with the buttercream I'm using for the rest of the cakes. I've never baked an angel food cake in a sheet cake pan OR tried to ice one before. Has anyone tried this, and how did it work? Thank you so much.

4 replies
Carriemyvoice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carriemyvoice Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

I have made an angel food cake in a sheet pan and it turned out just fine. I lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy release. I did not ice it with buttercream, I just used a white chocolate ganach over it. It was divine! icon_lol.gif I am sure it would ice pretty easily. It would be pretty with a whipped, swirl effect on it. (if that makes sense)
I have seen an iced angel food cake on a TV food show.
I would just turn the cake out top side down, and ice the bottom and sides.
Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

amysjustpeachy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysjustpeachy Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks.........I was actually just in the middle of making it, so we'll see how it goes..........no one has ever asked me for one before.........

Carriemyvoice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carriemyvoice Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 5

GOOD LUCK! Let me know how it turns out for you. icon_razz.gif

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 1:18am
post #5 of 5

and it came out fine. I would start with lots of buttercream and just smooth it on. It might not looking flat and smooth as if it was done on a regular cake but still OK. I never made it in a sheet cake though but maybe you can try it ahead of time incase it doesn't come out (and keep it for you for yummy desserts!) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%