Making My Own Wedding Cake...i Think...

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 6 Nov 2007 , 1:36pm by jen1977

dandelion56602 Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 4

Another thing to take into consideration is do you have all your supplies or will you have to go purchase most or everything (including pans). If you need to purchase pans will you use them enough for them to pay for themselves or would you purchase just to make this cake. Just something else to consider.

3 replies
Winter2008 Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 4

I live in Cookeville, TN. The closest area that I can find a baker in is Murfreesboro (1 hour away) or Nashville (1 hour 30 min away) and most of which are way out of the price range that we have. (future father in law is paying for it). The worst case scenario is that I can have her do the actual cake and let her know that I will be doing the snowflakes. I may try a smaller version just to test my abilities. I'm trying to find other bakers but have had no luck. I will figure out what to do in the next week though.

Winter2008 Posted 4 Nov 2007 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 4

Also, I don't have any of the supplies, I would like to use them again if I do buy them but I can't make a promise on that.

jen1977 Posted 6 Nov 2007 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif . . . no harm in asking . . . icon_biggrin.gif

You can search the forums and there are several threads about cheesecake pops. Basically, they are cheesecake, scooped and rolled into little balls, put on a lollipop stick, frozen, then dipped. I'm sure you can use your favorite cheesecake recipe or even a frozen one. I don't see why it's such a big secret in how to make them myself. I searched the forums for them, but kept getting page has expired message when I would try to go back. Just go under forums, search, then put in cheesecake and lollipops, and several thread will pop up for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%