Do You Flavor Mmf? If So, What's Your Favorite Flavor?

Decorating By cakecastle Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 7:00am by Verina

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 6

I'm considering doing some fondant on my daughter's 1st birthday cakes and would love to get some ideas on flavors to try before her birthday in January. I know there are some here that use fondant all the time, so I'm looking for flavors that have been tested and others thought were really good. Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!

5 replies
fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 6

That depends on the flavor of your cake.

For flavoring I have used :

Marshmallow; Peanut Butter; Cotton Candy; Cheesecake; Maple; Caramel; Mint; Hazel; Chocolate; Amaretto; Coconut; Cola; Honey Dew; These are LorAnn Oils Flavors I have used with MMF. But that totally depends on the cake flavor. I make sure the flavor agrees with the cake
. icon_smile.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #3 of 6

I've used vanilla and creme bouquet. Creme bouquet has a smoothe vanilla and citrus flavor.

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #4 of 6

Fondantgrl is right. Think of it as an extension of our icing. The flavor of your fondant must compliment your cake and icing flavors.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:01am
post #5 of 6

My favorite is barvarian creme, but I'm like the others and favor according to the cake it is going to be used on.

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 7:00am
post #6 of 6

I like using "rose water" flavour in my MMF when covering white cake (or cookies for that matter) ... it make it taste "dreamy" like turkish delight.
icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%