Is This Normal?

Decorating By texasseegirl Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm by leily

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 3

I will preface this by saying that I know that this is probably a very busy week for posting pics, but is it normal that a newly posted cake might not make it onto the front page?

I only ask because last night I posted a couple of pics and they never appeared on the front scroll - there were some pics posted for a long time and then the 5 newest pics popped up on the front page skipping 7 pics that were also new posts and next in line behind the ones that were currently on the screen when I posted. Hope that makes sense. And I was refreshing my browser to make sure I was seeing the most updated home page.

Just wondering - not whining or complaining icon_wink.gif just asking since I have never uploaded when there is a lot going on!

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 3

It is very possible.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 3

Yes it is possible. If I remember correctly jackie and heath have the front page photos set up to update every 5 mins with the newest photos. So if there were more than 5 uploaded in that time frame then some would be skipped.

However I do know that a lot of people go into the Galleries and then to "Newest Photos" which brings up all of the most recent uploads in order of how they were uploaded. So it won't be missed, it will just take a little longer to get seen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%