The Real Recipe...oops

Decorating By thedessertdiva

thedessertdiva Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 1

Ok girls...I posted a recipe here a few days back for an AWESOME Pumpkin Pie Fudge that was passed on to me from my grandmother. Well...I wrote it down from memory and I think I goofed somewhere...and I AM SO SORRY... icon_cry.gif

I believe I mixed up two different recipes. So, I called my Aunt who has this recipe in my grandmothers handwritting and had her read it to me over the phone. I have posted it in the recipe section but will also post here for those who would like to try it...or re-try it...ugh...again I am so sorry for the mix up.

The REAL Pumpkin Pie Fudge by Albina Martin

2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
12 oz pkg hershey's kisses, unwrapped
7 ounces marshmallow creme
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond

Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.
In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugars over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Mix in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
Remove from heat, and add hersheys kisses and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan**. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.

For a cool effect, melt 1 cup white chocolate chips and swirl into mix once poured into pan. Add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans if desired.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%