*blush* Is This Cheating??

Baking By CakeDiva73 Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 2:00am by SugarFrosted

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:03pm
post #31 of 36

I use a combo of MMF and RBC. I think it is the best of both worlds. The RBC cuts out the chewiness from the MMF and the MMF cuts out the grease from the RBC and you can draw on it. I like the clean look of it over the piped, just how fondant looks on cakes compared to BC.

The food markers are definitely not "cheating". if it were, they would not be available as a food decorating tool. I have students all the time who think using a cake icer tip is cheating. It is a TOOL that was created to make our lives easier, not to be considered cheating.

It is called "innovation" and IMO, someone is a d*** genious for inventing it. icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #32 of 36

I asked the same question when I started using fondant as my base. I felt like I was cheating because other decorators spent hours on their flooding techniques with RI. I know it still takes time to color, roll, cut out, and apply the fondant, but I felt like I was cheating! LOL!

I love your cookies by the way! I used the food color markers for the first time a few weeks ago for some small details that I knew I couldn't make look good with RI.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:07am
post #33 of 36

I think your cookies are sooo cute! I actually like the food marker ghost better! I plan to use them when I do a "portrait" of my new Pastor and family. I'm going to use them for the faces because I can get better detail.

Your work, Right? NOT CHEATING!!

Beth in KY

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #34 of 36

In addition, you can also compare it to Donna Dewberry and her One Stroke painting (which you can also do on fondant). Just because she has simplified the art of painting, does not make her any less of an artist. You get a different result, but it is still a hand crafted art in the end that you just took a different route to get to.

Cheating would be babysitting a machine that spit out 1500 perfectly decorated cookies every hour and calling them your own art.

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #35 of 36

they are AWESOME!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:00am
post #36 of 36

Your cookies are so cute and creative! I think your friend is just jealous icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%