11X15 Half Chocolate Half Yellow How Do I?????

Decorating By 59cakes Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 9:39pm by Doug

59cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
59cakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone, I have a question, my niece wants chocolate cake and yellow cake I am doing an 11x15 pan how do I seperate the flavors without them running into eachother??? thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Sylvia

7 replies
cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 8

I used to take a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold it into a piece the width of the pan and use it to separate the flavors while you pour them in. I would tilt the pan slightly when pouring in the one flavor and then tilt the other way when pouring in the other. Then you remove the foil don't bake with it in there). It's tricky but do-able. Good luck! If anyone has a better idea, I defer to them.

59cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
59cakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 8

thanks so much i will try that

mcassada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcassada Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 8

they make batter seperators, i have one i found in our local kitchen supply store
I dont'know where you are from, but she may ship them to you
her name is Billie at Kitchen Konnection 812-464-3003
hope this helps

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 8

I also do like cakedesigner59 with the foil. But if you can get someone to hold the foil in place while you pour, it helps alot! It does have a tendancy to want to move with the batter.

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 8

unless you need a straight line you do not need anything to seperate

I just pour in the choc on one side because it is thicker and then the yellow on the other half

I have both ready to pour before I start.

You can't see if the line is perfectly straight once it is frosted and those that want a middle always want both flavors anyway

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmeg

unless you need a straight line you do not need anything to seperate

I just pour in the choc on one side because it is thicker and then the yellow on the other half

I have both ready to pour before I start.

You can't see if the line is perfectly straight once it is frosted and those that want a middle always want both flavors anyway

Pretty much word for word what I was going to say.

Also, regarding the concern about it "running together"..... I see this question all the time. It's not Kool-Aid. It's not going to run into each other and blend together. It's a thick batter ... like lava. The two batters will meet in the middle and STOP. The batter is thick enough to act as a barrier against the other batter ... it's not thin like Kool-Aid to enable it to run together like two liquids would.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:39pm
post #8 of 8

and a knife swirled down the joint makes a section of marble cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%