How Would You Do This Cake?

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 5:55pm by leily

msmanning2 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 7

She is providing the topper. Is the rest just fondant cut out and placed on top?

6 replies
Parable Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 7

Looks like that to me....except for the BC shell border at the bottom. The plaid looks airbrushed.

justsweet Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 7

If you use fondant it droop down after sitting on the frosting or fondant. You can mix tylose in the fondant but it will need a couple of days to dry - you want it to be hard to lay on cake. If you want it stay straight off the edges the cake then you going to have to use gumpaste which be hard. Gumpaste for me will be your safe bet. Then you can hand paint the lines on.

melvin01 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 7

The bow looks like it MIGHT be a stripped bag with buttercream but I'm sure if you used fondant you could make a nicer one than that. It's a bit flat, huh?

nechee Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 7

It looks like cutout fondant but also could be an image plaque. Something out of candy melts and molded? But I would say it was fondant.

leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 7

Those cakes like that are usually all done in buttercream (this is a kit from either BakeryCrafts or from DecoPac, they do a lot of buttercream decorated cake for the mass product bakeries)

My best guess for the "frame" that overhangs the edge is the large icer tip with the smooth side up. Squeeze and make it wavy. As for the bow most likely a stripped bag and loops made on top of each other.

As for the plaid and the yellow background, most likely airbrushed.

leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 7

Duplicate post, please see other post for additional replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%