First Time Boob Cake Maker--Need Help

Decorating By awag70 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm by awag70

awag70 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 4

Ok i am attempting to make this cake for my husbands 30th birthday. I have lots of cake mixes for the trial and error. It is a suprise party for him. Ok so here are a few questions. I bought the black wilton fondant for the clothes but returned it yesterday since i read on here so often that it taste nasty and i want them to be able to eat it. Can i use the marshmallow fondant i keep reading about for the clothes or would it be good to use buttercream and color it. I want them to be able to eat it. I know it wont look as good as this but it is the thought that counts. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated. I am going to stop before the underware part when making it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1154793.html

3 replies
phoohbear Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 4

I have done many naughty cakes so I hope I can help. What pans do you plan on using? Most of my smaller ones are done with the wilton ball pan on top of a one layer heart shape. I don't ever have to worry about doweling or anything. You can also use a bowl but it is harder to get them a nice even shape that way. Have you ever worked with fondant or MMF before? It always makes it more stressfull working with a new medium. As for flavoring of the fondant and MMF, I don't really like either of them. I always put a nice thick layer of BC under it and most people just pull the fondant off to enjoy the cake underneither. IMHO it is eaiser to use fondant but maybe that is just because that is what I am used to using. It is very hard to get a true deep black, my advice for that is to color it the day befor you plan to use it and the color will deepen overnight. If you use BC it is very hard to get all the curves smooth and you would still probably want some fondant to get the accents. I am sure you will do a great job. Let us know if you have any more questions.

awag70 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 4

I did buy the wilton ball pan that has 2 pieces to it to use with a 9*13 cake pan. I thought those would be more realistic. Some one also let me borrow a cake pan that looks like it has 4 very pointy ones on it. She said her mom used it with barbie cakes. No i have never used either before that was why i bought the black wilton. Thought it would be easier to use. It actually had flesh tones with it also. I bought the 5 lb box of the white one to play with and pratice but returned it yesterday also. Is it possible to knead a flavor into it when you buy it predone? I have until the 10th to pratice on it so i thought i could make a few other ones to pratice on. Not all boobie cakes just different ones to get a fell of it. Oh if only someone in this town made them it would have been so much simpler but when i called there they acted like no i would never make that kind of cake.

awag70 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 4

I did buy the wilton ball pan that has 2 pieces to it to use with a 9*13 cake pan. I thought those would be more realistic. Some one also let me borrow a cake pan that looks like it has 4 very pointy ones on it. She said her mom used it with barbie cakes. No i have never used either before that was why i bought the black wilton. Thought it would be easier to use. It actually had flesh tones with it also. I bought the 5 lb box of the white one to play with and pratice but returned it yesterday also. Is it possible to knead a flavor into it when you buy it predone? I have until the 10th to pratice on it so i thought i could make a few other ones to pratice on. Not all boobie cakes just different ones to get a fell of it. Oh if only someone in this town made them it would have been so much simpler but when i called there they acted like no i would never make that kind of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%