Cake Decorating Books Suggestions

Decorating By CakeliciousCreations Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm by CakeliciousCreations

CakeliciousCreations Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have been reading a lot of forum posts in the past few days and I have noticed several people referencing different cake decorating books... for instance peggy porshens and of course collette peters...what are some other really good cake decorating books that you recommend I get my hands on... and what is the title of Peggy Porshen's book or book(s). ??Thanks for the input...

4 replies
phoohbear Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

I guess it depends on your skill level and personal style. I am in love with Debbie Brown's books. She is amazing at figure forming and her instructions are very easy to follow even for beginners. I also like Lindy Smith's books, she has a nice varity of designs for all occaisions. Both have very good websites so you can see their style. For flowers Nick Lodge is the best I have found. And for working with BC our very own SugarShack has put out a DVD that I have heard is the best thing out there, Just try searching CC for a thread on it.

mamacc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5

I think the title of peggy's is Pretty Party Cakes but I'm not sure. Just type in her name on Amazon.com and you will see her books.

Margaret Braun's Cakewalk is gorgeous. I also love Debbie and Lindy. I just got Lindy's new book and it's really nice.

Courtney

snowshoe1 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 5

I like the International School of Sugarcaft books (vol 1,2,3) because they go through so many different techniques with clear explainations and photos (oh, if I only had the time to do practice all these!). The issue I have with so many other books I purchased is they focus on single techniques.

CakeliciousCreations Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 5

thanks to all for the suggestions about the books. I plan to read them all. Thanks again. Tisha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%