Cake Decorating Books Suggestions

Decorating By CakeliciousCreations Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm by CakeliciousCreations

CakeliciousCreations Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have been reading a lot of forum posts in the past few days and I have noticed several people referencing different cake decorating books... for instance peggy porshens and of course collette peters...what are some other really good cake decorating books that you recommend I get my hands on... and what is the title of Peggy Porshen's book or book(s). ??Thanks for the input...

4 replies
phoohbear Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

I guess it depends on your skill level and personal style. I am in love with Debbie Brown's books. She is amazing at figure forming and her instructions are very easy to follow even for beginners. I also like Lindy Smith's books, she has a nice varity of designs for all occaisions. Both have very good websites so you can see their style. For flowers Nick Lodge is the best I have found. And for working with BC our very own SugarShack has put out a DVD that I have heard is the best thing out there, Just try searching CC for a thread on it.

mamacc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5

I think the title of peggy's is Pretty Party Cakes but I'm not sure. Just type in her name on and you will see her books.

Margaret Braun's Cakewalk is gorgeous. I also love Debbie and Lindy. I just got Lindy's new book and it's really nice.

snowshoe1 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 5

I like the International School of Sugarcaft books (vol 1,2,3) because they go through so many different techniques with clear explainations and photos (oh, if I only had the time to do practice all these!). The issue I have with so many other books I purchased is they focus on single techniques.

CakeliciousCreations Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 5

thanks to all for the suggestions about the books. I plan to read them all. Thanks again. Tisha

Quote by @%username% on %date%