Help With Pricing Asap Please!!!!!

Business By kelly620au Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 8:17pm by meancat

kelly620au Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly620au Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:37am
post #1 of 3

I have received a request to do the below cake for a baptism - the lady would like it pretty much the same only I am putting an elephant on the cake instead of the 2 bears. What kind of price should I be charging? She is having a 10inch square to feed 50 people. This cake looks to be 6inch high. She has not said if she wants it 3 or 6 inchs high however I think this cake would lose its effect if it was not 6inch high. It will be a homemade mud cake.

I am only starting out and dont want to scare her away? But I dont want my hard work to go unpaid for....

Any help is much appreciated!

~Kelly~
LL

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:36am
post #2 of 3

If you are going to have a business, you need to define your pricing. One place to start is a price per serving basis. It works well for wedding cakes and can work for all cakes, depending on your market.

I have a $25 minimum and generally price everything starting at a minimum of $1 a serving, more for fondant.

If you really want to be sure to get the job, you can underprice your work, but you will most likely regret it. Anyone who sees and likes the cake is going to want the same price.

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 3

My min is $55 and that is a pretty easy design, so I would say $75 min - $100 max. Cute design!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%