My First Wedding Cake ??????????

Decorating By cakes21 Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 3:47am by TooMuchCake

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:28am
post #1 of 8

Ok, so this is the first of many questions that I will be asking. icon_surprised.gif I am doing my first wedding cake in January and I was wondering which recipe for cake and frosting is the best and or most preferred.

7 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 4:31am
post #2 of 8

Has the bride told you what she wants as far as flavors? My brides always pick their own flavors; i never choose for them. My most-requested flavor is champagne cake with champagne icing.

Deanna

cakes21 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:47am
post #3 of 8

The bride and groom are really not into cake but grandpa says "you need cake at your wedding". So she said white cake is fine.

joynerkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joynerkitchen Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:52am
post #4 of 8

Sounds to me like you will have A LOT of creative freedom!!!

cakes21 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:56am
post #5 of 8

She just pointed out a picture in one of the yearbooks. It looks pretty simple except for the darn flowers. She wants plumerias and to make them midnite navy blue.

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #6 of 8

champagne cake with champagne icing.
Oh this sounds wonderful.. Would you share your recipes for both?

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:21am
post #7 of 8

I am not a fan of white cake, but I did just do a wedding cake request for white cake and used the Whimsical Bakehouse recipe. I filled it with vanilla bean custard and fresh raspberry buttercream, vanilla Italian meringue buttercream icing. It tasted great for not being chocolate! <<<Cheryl

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 3:47am
post #8 of 8

For champagne cake, I use a Pillsbury white cake mix, make the whole egg version, and add 1/4 teaspoon of LoRann champagne flavoring. Since many of my customers object to the use of alcohol, they are happy for the non-alcoholic version. For the icing, I add one capful (from the tiny little bottle of LoRann flavoring) per THREE CUPS of buttercream, so however many cups of icing your recipe makes, you'll adjust it accordingly.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%