Rumour About My Cake

Lounge By randel Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 1:52am by jen1977

randel Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 5

I have been sent an email from someone on this site telling me that some else has posted one of my cakes as their own. I don't want to accuse anyone as I have no proof and I have looked at the recent uploads. I didn't see anything. I find this upsetting but I don't want to do anything more until I know more myself. What should I do? If anything?

4 replies
leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #2 of 5

I would get more information from whoever sent you the original PM, about what photos and who posted them, and even when they were posted if they know.

Then take it to Jackie and Heath and the owners of CC they can help you.

JodieF Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:41am
post #3 of 5

Can you write that person back and ask for more specifics? Maybe they noted the user name of the person who supposedly posted your cake?

I can understand why you would be upset, but there are many, many cakes posted on this site that look very similar. It could be easy to mistake one cake for another, couldn't it?

Otherwise, I don't see what else you could really do, if you couldn't find it in recent uploads. Try not to fret too much, as hard as that is!

Jodie

indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #4 of 5

I saw the pic earlier when I was browsing the gallery and 4 CC'ers had left comments on it. Maybe the person deleted it?

Hopefully others who saw it will pop in here and help you out.

jen1977 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #5 of 5

I saw it this morning, left her a comment that it wasn't hers, and reported the photo. It was your Abbey Paige cake. I think she had 5 pics posted, and I found 3 that weren't hers for sure and reported them all. Later, I saw a 4th and couldn't find her photos to report it, so I contacted the original maker of the cake. I did find the member later, and she now has no photos posted. She also has no posts in the forums either...weird. I don't understand why someone would steal pics from this site, and post them on this site as their own!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%