Why Do We Do It??

Decorating By messyeater Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm by messyeater

messyeater Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I just got finished with my halloween cake.

Over the past two days I've had tension headaches (laying on the fondant), panic attacks (realising the cake was twice as big as planned).
I haven't eaten, my clothes are filthy, my kitchen is an absolute bomb site (the famous icing sugar and paste colour bomb).
DH is barely speaking to me (justified since I've only managed a grunt in his direction every now and then). My daughter has been at her grandmother's for nearly two days (so they're both probably cursing me right now).

Now the cake is done I just want to stand and look at it...but I'm asking myself is it really worth it? In two days time this thing will be history. Anyway must go I need to stare at my cake somemore icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
ccr03 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 3

Ummm, were you in my head this weekend? O)

I had five cake this weekend! One Friday night, three Saturday - one of which was a three tiered topsy turvy cake w/fondant, and then one on Sunday. Needless to say, I was BEAT! But I have more pictures of all my cakes than I do of my Halloween party! HEck, I have twice as many of the topsy turvy halloween cake than the party itself.

But you ask, why do we do it? Cause we love it!!!!

messyeater Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 3

You're right...It's like some kind of addiction. Yesterday I felt terrible but now I'm on a kind of high! Crazy that baking can do this to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%