10 Yr Old Girl Bday Cake

Decorating By cakesbycathy Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm by Tiababe

cakesbycathy Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

Dh's niece is turning 10 and has NO idea what kind of cake she wants. I am having a brain freeze. She plays soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball, but I don't really want to do a sports cake. There's no theme for the party and no invitation that I can try and match.

Okay CCr's - put those imaginations to work!

Thanks in advance for all your ideas!

6 replies
chovest Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 7

What are her favorite colors? You can always search the galleries by color scheme for ideas. My 11 yo loves the chocolate fondant covered cake with pink accents.

fooby Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 7

I know you said you didn't like a sport themed cake but you can always put a little twist to it by making it a "girly" sporty themed cake. Go with pastel colors. For example, put flowers and a pink soccer ball together etc. You may also want to find out if there are other things that interest her.

cakesbycombs Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 7

she doesn't sound like a girly-girl but i just did a make-up bag this past weekend with gumpaste make-up and it was so cute. i would love to share a pic but i can't upload any right now. anyone else having this problem...i wondered if it was because of the upgrade or my computer?

mrsw Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 7

Well it is close to Halloween - would that not be an option? My DD loves all bright colors, flowers, anything to do with books, she is into that Warriors series right now (lots of cats), Hannah Montana, all kinds of art work, Esher prints too. Hope this helps

chovest Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

i can't upload any right now. anyone else having this problem...i wondered if it was because of the upgrade or my computer?

Try resizing your photo to under 1 MB (even though it says under 2000KB (2 MB) it is actually still the old under 1000KB (1MG) If you can't resize, let me know and I will try to do it for you.

Sorry, not trying to get off topic! icon_smile.gif

Tiababe Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with the idea of finding out what her favorite color is. Since there is no particular theme, why not make the cake look like a birthday present? Fondant bow in her favorite color...some curly ribbons made out of fondant. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%