Almost A Disaster (And Kinda Funny)

Decorating By cakescraps Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm by cakescraps

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 11

MY DH recently knocked my old Hamilton beach stand mixer off the counter and broke it, so, bummer....I had to get a new one. Pretty red KA. Well, I think I have to have a new rule about DH being in the kitchen when the mixer is out.

He decided he wanted to lick the beater, so tried to take it off himself. Turned the "release" switch, also known as the power switch. The paddle is now turning and wrapping his shirt in to it. He is now bent over to his chest with the mixer still on. He quickly unplugged it and started to back away, taking the mixer with him. I can just see my new baby on the floor again. He's standing there with buttercream all over him and I am trying not to laugh. The kids--they're a whole other story. They are laughing hysterically. Of course, I'm feeling a little guilty for worrying about the mixer. icon_wink.gif

10 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 11

Too funny!! icon_lol.gif Maybe this time he'll learn icon_biggrin.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 11

OMG what a visual! That will teach him to lick the beater!!

aboelkens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aboelkens Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #4 of 11

Please tell me you have a picture to share with us icon_lol.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:07am
post #5 of 11

Oh that is too cute! LOL I can so imagine that happening in my house also!

And my favorite part... You are at CC telling your friends about it while he is wrapped up in the mixer (and you are worried about the new Mixer!)

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #6 of 11

I did laugh out loud a bit with this one. I can picture certain family members of mine doing the same thing...some days I'm glad I live alone and that I'm not decorating when they are around. Thanks for sharing.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #7 of 11

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFLMBO!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hey! I would have been worried about the mixer and hope dear ol DH learned a lesson this time!!!! icon_lol.gif OMG that is to darn funny!! A winner on America's funniest home videos!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #8 of 11

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFLMBO!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hey! I would have been worried about the mixer and hope dear ol DH learned a lesson this time!!!! icon_lol.gif OMG that is to darn funny!! A winner on America's funniest home videos!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:26am
post #9 of 11

Oh my goodness. To be honest, as soon as I determined that DH was ok, I'd have broken my foot off in his backside!! NOT MY KITCHENAID!!! AHHHHHHH!!! Bless his heart... and yours! icon_wink.gif Thanks for sharing, that gave me quite the hilarious visual!

BTW... Is the KA OK?? I'm worried now! icon_redface.gif

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #10 of 11

Where's America's Funniest Home Videos when you need them?!

That is sooooooo funny. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I wish I could say, that would teach your DH, but I doubt it, seriously - ya' know (Home Improvement) - think they know how everything plugged into an electric socket works?! NOT!!

I'd be worried about my KA too, BTW - DH would have to fend for himself on this one, poor guy.

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 11

Yes, my beautiful KA is fine. DH is fine, shirt not so much....he was worried that I would tell his sister, the queen of teasing. Of course, I told her, right after you guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%