Lemon Cake Balls

Decorating By Cakegirl20 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 2:06pm by tyty

Cakegirl20  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl20 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! I want to try doing Lemon Cake Balls but can't figure out what to use as the coating. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. I want to use lemon cake with a lemon frosting or pie filling for the wet part to hold it all together. I bought some lemon juice and a lemon to use with it possibly. I wanted to use lemon zest in the frosting and/or in the outside coating. I would be grateful for any input. Thanks!

5 replies
 KHalstead  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 6

what about just a powdered sugar glaze?? Like on glazed donuts? That would be really good with lemon!

dbmiller02  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbmiller02 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 6

I am not sure what you would use, but I will be very interested to see what others suggest. I just made my first cake balls this weekend and tried them out on my family. They loved them!!

I am going to take them as "free" samples to my daughter's preschool for the teachers. They have been asking about my cakes.

Michelle

tobycat  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakegirl20

Hi! I want to try doing Lemon Cake Balls but can't figure out what to use as the coating. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. I want to use lemon cake with a lemon frosting or pie filling for the wet part to hold it all together. I bought some lemon juice and a lemon to use with it possibly. I wanted to use lemon zest in the frosting and/or in the outside coating. I would be grateful for any input. Thanks!

You could use a really nice lemon butter cream and rolled in powdered sugar.

S.

karensjustdessert  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 6

Roll 'em in coconut or powdered sugar. I've done them mixed with a little raspberry jam (a little gooey, but then freeze them), and dipped them in white chocolate also.

tyty  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 6

You could use white chocolate and a lemon flavored royal icing to decorate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%