How Do I Get Vibrant Colors?/also,help With Soccer Ball Pan

Decorating By Crystal74 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 3:13pm by 7yyrt

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to make this doggoned caterpillar cake for my kid's B-day party on Saturday. I need to have primary colors on the sections-- Red, royal blue, purple, green, and yellow. My red is pink and my blue is more of a turquoise color--- HELP!!!!!!!

Also, I'm having trouble getting the right oven temp. to get the Soccer Ball Pan to cook all the way through. Even with one flower nail, they still aren't cooking in the middle, but are getting overcooked on the outside. Any ideas???

Crystal

5 replies
mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know....I've never had that problem with the ball pan and I don't use a flower nail. It does get a little crusty around the top edge but I usually cut that part off.

About the colors, just keep adding color till you get the color you want. Americolors work better than wilton.

Courtney

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks. Where can I get Americolor? Do any stores carry it or is it only online?

Crystal

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 6

There's a lot of online stores that carry it, including cake central. just type in Americolor on google and you'll get lots! I've also seen it at cake decorating stores.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 6

don't forget to let your icing/fondant set for a while to let the color deepen - like over night or something.
that really helps!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 6

Turn down the oven. That will give the insides a chance to cook.
I always bake at 325 not 350 - on occasion I turn it down further, but usually 325. It will take a few minutes longer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%