Chocolate Nfsc - Think This Will Work?

Baking By MomLittr Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 10:21am by MomLittr

MomLittr Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for only two of the chocolate mummy cookies I offered to the folks at work. Now for two cookies I don't want to make a whole batch of dough, but have some regular NFSC dough left, more than enough for the two cookies. Think if I add some cocoa powder, and maybe a drop or two of coffee, I can knead it into what I have and make a reasonable chocolate cookie? icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
MomLittr Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 4

icon_redface.gif embarrased to bump myself, but being it is later in the day, was hoping to get some feedback on this question/idea icon_redface.gif

Thanks! icon_lol.gif

peardream Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

I'm curious to know the answer to this too. I wonder if adding the cocoa would make it not sweet enough? Maybe adding melted chocolate would be better...not sure though.
If you decide to give it a try, please post the results!
I'm thinking you aren't getting a response because it hasn't been attempted yet.
Good luck!

MomLittr Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:21am
post #4 of 4

I went ahead last nite and tried this because I had to bake last nite. I had about 1-1/2 cups of NFSC dough left so I added about 1-1/2 tblsp of cocoa and about a tsp of cold coffee, then mixed well. the color was right, but just now munched on a sample. Not very chocolately at all, maybe some melted chocolate would have been better. When I made the original dough I use vanilla butternut flavoring, and that comes thru stronger than regular vanilla flavor, which may be the reason it is not very chocolate tasting. Still yummy. Once I get all the royal icing on it, which will be almond flavored, don't think it will matter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%