Icing Christmas Cakes

Decorating By Purplegirl_kezza Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 12:33am by jen1977

Purplegirl_kezza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Purplegirl_kezza Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:37am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here and in the cake decorating world, and am self teaching myself new skills..

I was wondering if anyone had a receipe for the icing that you put on christmas cakes , you know the white icing, also like the stuff that goes on wedding cakes..

I want to ice my christmas cakes this year, and have tried the store bought icing to roll out and cover the cake with and did not like the taste of it.. So I wanted to try my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:37am
post #2 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. If by 'icing' you want a rolled icing, there are several recipes here that you can try for rolled fondant.

There are versions of MMF-marshmallow fondant
There are recipes in most cake books

When you make it yourself you can add flavoring as part of the liquid which helps the taste.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:20am
post #3 of 4

Welcome!

It sounds like you are looking for a rolled fondant recipe. Our recipe section has several and they are even rated with stars!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&sort=recipename&sort_dir=ASC&op=search&chname=X&chingredients=X&searchtext=fondant&cat_id=-1&x=0&y=0

If it's another type of icing you want, just click on the "recipes" tab above. There is a search feature, and type in icing or frosting and look at the different recipes for something that appeals to you.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-17-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Try this one...very easy to make, super easy to work with, and tastes wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%