House Cake

Decorating By ac2steachk Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 9:30pm by ac2steachk

ac2steachk Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a "Happy New House" cake for one of the teachers at my school. I am thinking of using 3 of the Wilton stand-up house cakes standing and lined up. The teacher's roof points the other way (understandable?) so I would need 3 houses to get a flat front for the doors and windows. What is the front of the Wilton pan would become the side of the house/the side of the Wilton pan would become the front--hence using 3 of them. (Plus, the teachers at school are all fans of cake in the lounge!!). I'm looking for suggestions on filling the cakes and icing them so they will stand together. Has anyone done a project like this before? Any ideas or words of warning? I'll post pictures when it finally gets done.
Thanks for your help.

2 replies
bonniebakes Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:53am
post #2 of 3

that sounds like a great idea and I'm sure all the teachers will love it!!

I'm certainly no expert, but after you ice them and "stick them together" in the correct position on the cake board, I wonder if dowling them through the cake board would help to keep them in place.

good luck!!

ac2steachk Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 3

I'll bump this one more time to look for thoughts on my plan. I'm planning to work on it this weekend--I'm excited!

Quote by @%username% on %date%