Ot: Do You Get Prescriptions Filled At Walgreen's?

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 10:17am by darandon

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 5

They will screw you over and never say Thank You maa'm!! icon_cry.gif
I had a perscription filled the end of Aug in Visalia, CA. The pharmacy did not have enough pills to fully fill the prescription icon_mad.gif O.k. they charge me and my insurance for the full prescription and tell me I can get more when I need it.
The prescription was for a total of 4 fillings. The bottle is marked 42/100;3+ refills = this means I got 42 out of 100 and I am entitled to 3+ refills.
So I go yesterday to get the 58 remaining pills as we will be on the road for some 30-40 days. I go to Bakersfield. The pharmacists says 'no can do' you have to go back to V OR I can give you a refill. I reluctlantly agree to a refill.
When I pick up the pills both I & the insurance am charged the full amount. There is a note saying they gave me extra to compensate my inconvience. In the bottle are 95 pills and notation of 2+ refills allowed. Now for the 2nd time a) I have been charged for a full prescription, my insurance will have to pay as if I received the full amount, & c) I'll be charged on the total for the year the insurance allowes, d) have NOT received the full amount either time and e) lost one refill! icon_cry.gif
I argued and argued that either give me a full 100 pills or give me my money back and don't charge my insurance. This all took over 2 hrs of my time - I could have driven up to V & back in that time!icon_sad.gif
Even the store manager could not get them to budge nor understand why!! icon_rolleyes.gif
I now have to fight w/Walgreen's corporate & my insurance.
BTW: this is NOT the 1st time this has happened. On another prescription they did the same thing but I was not smart enough to catch it.

4 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:11am
post #2 of 5

At least here in Ohio, there are sooooo many places that offer pharmacies that I've switched to the one that treats me well. I"ve switched to get free gift certificates and other services. Why stay with Walgreens if you aren't happy? Most insurance companies allow more than one location.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:37am
post #3 of 5

I have no ins. Luckily Wal Mart has my scrip in the $4.00 catagory! May be worth checking it out!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:14am
post #4 of 5

My last problem with Walgreens was:

'you're prescription will be ready in 2 hours'.

Ok, I show up 3 hours later.

'I'm sorry, it's not filled yet - can you give us another 30 minutes?'

Ok, 1 hour later.

'I'm sorry, we just really got swamped - would you like to wait for it?'

Hmmmmm let me ask my 2 year old and 4 year old..........

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

It's like potluck... sometimes they are great, other times they are not so great.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 10:17am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

I have no ins. Luckily Wal Mart has my scrip in the $4.00 catagory! May be worth checking it out!

I love those $4 scrips - I can go to Walmart, Kroger, and Giant Eagle now. Woo Hoo!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%