What Is So Hard About Rsvping

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 3:16am by adonisthegreek1

adonisthegreek1 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, this is an update to my original post, http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=550473&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0but it kind of piggy-backs on the last few comments. Yesterday, my son was supposed to have a boys only Halloween movie night. A few parents called to ask if their uninvited son could attend. Sure no problem, I said. It was at our house so it wasn't like the other party where I had to pay $15 per kid. Anyway, the invitation specifically asked for RSVPs by Thursday and it asked for confirmations only.
Well, my son ended up with the stomach flu and I had to call all of the parents who had RSVP'd that morning around 9am to let them know that I was cancelling the party. This is a rhetorical question, but why did I have parents who never confirmed coming that they would be bringing their kids over come to my door expecting to drop off their kids? I told them that I was not expecting them in the first place so I did not have a phone number to call to inform them of the cancellation. What is so hard about confirming and leaving a phone number? I don't get it.

3 replies
dydemus Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 4

It's just people not being considerate. Too much of it anymore.
I've seen invites lately (and I love 'em) that say "Unless you physically RSVP BY ___date we will assume you are NOT able to come and will plan accordingly."

mommicakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 4

icon_mad.gif I totally agree, what does it take for people to pick up the phone and RSVP anyway? They have some nerve after the fact. I like dydemus response to this point!!!

adonisthegreek1 I hope your son is feeling better and I bet he was bummed when he had to cancel the party.

I can feel your frustrations!!! tapedshut.gif

adonisthegreek1 Posted 5 Nov 2007 , 3:16am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

icon_mad.gif
adonisthegreek1 I hope your son is feeling better and I bet he was bummed when he had to cancel the party. ...I can feel your frustrations!!! tapedshut.gif

Thanks for expressing concern for my son. He is finally feeling better and we had the movie night yesterday. We kept the Halloween theme, decorated cupcakes, played some games and watched Monster House on the projector. We had so much fun that I am planning to do it every year. He turned 7 in September and I enjoy watching the kids runaround and have fun. My older daughter is 16 now and demands another type of attention.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%