Why Is It All Going Wrong??

Decorating By Auryn Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm by christeena

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 3

This is absolutely ridiculous.
My birthday is on monday and Ive been working on my birthday cake.
Yesterday I made my first batch of toba's fondant and it came out great.

The cake was going to be a 8" round and a 6" round stacked- my first attempt at a stacked cake.

I generally make cakes from scratch and never have a problem.
Yesterday I made 3 cakes ( all from the same recipe I always use) and thye all came out crap- 1 hard as a brick literally (this one was actually supposed to be both cakes but the batter deflated and barely made the 6".
The other never rose more than half way normal and then turned hard.

Went out and bought more eggs and sugar etc last night.
Tried again this morning.
This morning my 2 other attempts came out slightly better but not great _ I only got half of the 8".

So I broke down and made an extended french vanilla from box mix and it seems ok- came out perfectly level and fluff (only made 1 8" round- Im gonna try to salvage the 6" from this morning)

I made my first batch of royal icing and it came out great.

Now im just so frustrated with everything that I dont even want to make the cake anymore.
I still got to make my mixed berry filling- which I don't think will go w/ the french vanilla cake now- way too sweet.

im just so sick of it i dont want to do it anymore

2 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 3

Time to walk away from it for awhile. Clean up whatever mess you have out at the moment and then go play with the kids, the family pets, go for a walk, sit down and put your feet up and watch the Food Network for awhile. Then come back to it, it will probably give you a new perspective. Have a happy birthday on Monday, and you being the birthday girl will probably be the only one being crticial of the cake.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3

I hope you still have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Cake or no cake, everyone deserves to be happy on their birthday!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%