Really Dry Nfsc Dough

Baking By thedessertdiva Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 10:34pm by thedessertdiva

thedessertdiva Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

How do you "moisten" up NFSC dough that is too crumbly that the flour wont mix in properly? Its the bottom of the batch (the top 1/2 of the batch works beautifuly...its the very bottom that the paddle wont reach I am talking about) in the KA and I cannot seem to get it to mix is there a trick to add something to wetten it up a bit so it will stick and form a dough? Drops of watter? Milk? Anything???? icon_confused.gif

4 replies
thedessertdiva Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 5

Please anyone...I have 1/2 a batch of extremely dry NFSC dough that i'd like to fix if at all possible as I have 48 cookies to make and I really would rather not have to make a whole new batch. Anyone out there have a solution???

dandelion56602 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 5

Just took care of this problem myself. I added a little almond flavor (b/c I only added vanilla & didn't like the taste) and a little milk until I got a consistancy that was workable. You can also use water.

Another tip, think it's from Antonia is: roll between 2 pieces of parchment. Place on an upside down cookie sheet. Place in freezer about 15 min before baking & mine didn't spread. 1st batch did, 2nd didn't.

I can't wait to decorate. Hope yours turn out too!

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 5

add in a bit more softened butter.

thedessertdiva Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

add in a bit more softened butter.

Thats what I ended up doing, and it worked out good. I also sprayed my hands with butter flavored pam and that seemed to help with the blending of the dough.

Thank you all for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%