To Freeze Cupcakes Or Not To Freeze That Is The ??

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 12:25am by LittleLinda

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have to do A LOT of cupcakes for Weds. PLUS some donation cakes and I am running out of hours in the day to get all of what I need to do done. CAN I bake the cupcakes tonight....wrap well and leave out till Tuesday night when I decorate them???? OR should I freeze them till Tuesday morning and then just leave them out to thaw? Will the paper pull away from them or change the moistness of the cake? I freeze my cakes when I absolutely HAVE to but don't freeze cupcakes ...or havent had to...

Please give me some input !! I'm GOING NUTZO with all the work I have to do this week, inbetween ball games auctions .... fall festivals for 2 schools!!! ARGHHHHHHH

Thank you icon_smile.gif

Christi

3 replies
thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

You can freeze no problem w/o any reprecussions. I put one dozen in a ziploc bag and toss into the freezer. Takes no time to thaw.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you icon_smile.gif

But first I would like to know if I could leave these out. I mean the last batch probably won't come out of the oven till at least 4 am Monday morning. Will they be ok till Wed. morning if I leave them out if I bake them late tonight?

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 12:25am
post #4 of 4

I think cake stays fresh for about six days. That's my rule of thumb. They should be fine if left out at room temperature.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%