Need Help Asap!

Decorating By fragglerock1 Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm by step0nmi

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making butterscotch cupcakes and I put in a cup of vegetabel oil instead of half a cup, how do I salvage the batter? Please tell me this is fixable, I don't have the ingredients to start over.

7 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry, I don't have any other idea on how to help, but what do you have enough of to double up on the recipe?

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 8

Do you have the rest of the ingredients to at least double your recipe (except for the oil of course)? It's salvageable but you'll have to have more cupcakes. That's about the only way to do that. Or you're gonna end up with butterscotch "brownies".
Been there done that hun, so don't freak icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
You're in good company!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, I would see if you could double the recipe! i have done this before too! icon_lol.gif like, I had just woken up from a nap and decided to start baking! icon_lol.gif Anyway...just double it up and if you don't want to use it all put the rest of the batter in a freezer ziploc bag and store it till you want to use it next! Very easy to do!

Take a deep breath now! icon_biggrin.gif

fragglerock1 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 8

I have a yellow cake mix (used butterscotch for the recipe) a box of chocolate instant pudding and enough of everything else to double the recipe. These are for a tasting and they didn't specifcally ask for butterscotch, so I guess I could just make up something new. Chocolate butterscotch cupcakes don't sound too bad, does it?

fragglerock1 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 8

I have a yellow cake mix (used butterscotch for the recipe) a box of chocolate instant pudding and enough of everything else to double the recipe. These are for a tasting and they didn't specifcally ask for butterscotch, so I guess I could just make up something new. Chocolate butterscotch cupcakes don't sound too bad, does it?

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 8

yummmmmm, sounds yummy!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #8 of 8

YUM!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%