Fondant Baby Foot Prints

Decorating By JORA Updated 30 Aug 2013 , 7:00pm by rcgapeach50

JORA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JORA Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:50am
post #1 of 4

I was wonder if anyone knows how to make footprints like the ones on this cake. I tried to find cookie cutters like these but had no luck
LL

3 replies
dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 7:13am
post #2 of 4

I also like this pattern and asked Tripletmom how how made them.........here is her answer:
I have done the feet 2 different ways.

The one on the cake was made using a template that I drew on paper for the foot part. I cut around the template and flipped it to get the other foot. For the toes I rolled a 'snake' of fondant and cut off pieces in 5 different sizes (2 of each though) from big to small, for each pair of feet. I then rolled these into little oval balls and flattened them gently and these became the toes.

Another way is to get a metal cookie cutter in the shape of a little foot and cut the feet out. I say metal because you can flip the cutter to cut the fondant to get the opposite foot...or you could just turn over the fondant itself, it doesn't really matter. I made the toes the same way was above and applied them directly to the foot print.

You can also do a search on google for 'baby feet' and download a template that way as well.

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 4

thanks dogluvr & Tipletmom icon_smile.gif

rcgapeach50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcgapeach50 Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Party city has the baby footprint cutters in the baby decoration section

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%