Mmf Ribbon Help Please!!!

Decorating By ccwkg Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm by crazy4sugar

ccwkg Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:11am
post #1 of 7

I am trying to make a MMF ribbon for a wedding cake for tomorrow. I am having issues with it. Can anyone tell me how long it has to sit before it can be picked up without stretching? Any quick hints or tips will be greatly appreciated!

6 replies
crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:23am
post #2 of 7

You would need to use some gumpaste or tylose powder in your fondant for a quick dry (overnight).

If it's already made out of just MMF and you can't redo it by tomorrow then I'd just let it sit until the very last minute and place it on the cake.

I'm sorry you're having trouble icon_sad.gif

crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:24am
post #3 of 7

Oh, yeah...

if you put a fan on it it will help dry it out faster.

ssunshine564 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:26am
post #4 of 7

I agree with crazy4sugar. I made a fondant bow last night, I mixed tylose with my fondant and it was dry in no time.

rits Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:51am
post #5 of 7

If you don't have any Tylose, gumpaste or CMC to mix in, dusting your rolling surface & the MMF with cornstarch will also help.

ccwkg Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for your help! Luckily, when we were discussing real ribbon or MMF, the brides words were "Which ever you think looks best". I didn't have anything to mix in and they don't look the greatest after drying all night so I believe it will be real ribbon. I will conquer this ribbon thing, I am planning to get lots of practice so after I drop off the cake it is off to Michaels I go!! (With my 40% off coupon of course!) icon_lol.gif

crazy4sugar Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7

Crystal,

This is a good video on how to make a bow:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=07ss0Pq3OdU

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%