You're All Hearing About The Denver Blizzard

Lounge By cinderspritzer Updated 23 Dec 2006 , 6:30pm by bethola

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 10

Well, this picture was taken about 20 mins ago, still snowing, getting around 2'' an hour, supposed to snow all day. The top of the red on the slide is 3 feet high or so.

Airport is closed.

We can't go anywhere. So I'm baking today for the fun of it. And there won't be as much strain on the heater icon_wink.gif

9 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 10

Brrr!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 10

Well - looks like you will be having a white Christmas!! Cool picture!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 10

The planet is really in bad shape!! Here the ski resorts can't open because of the lack of snow, and where there's no snow usually, it snows!!!!

This time of year here, we usually already have at least 3 feet of snow, but now if we have 1 that's good....

But that's a lot of snow all at once!!! brrrrrr

Cinderella24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderella24 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 10

I'm Canadian - and I know the stereotype about it being cold and snowy all the time, but for the most part, it really is true about our winters. We almost always have snow at this time of year where I'm from and as of this morning, there is absolutely NO snow on the ground! icon_eek.gif It's supposed to get up to 6 degrees celsius (about 42 farenheit). They're saying we're going to be having a green Christmas. icon_cry.gif Quite unusual.

Sorta ironic, but I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" last night too. It's all about Global Warming. Seriously scary...and I just need to look outside to see the effects.

Our world is changing. thumbsdown.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 10

I'm jealous! I hate cold, but the day after it snows, when it's 30-35 degrees, is perfect for SNOWMEN!!! Haven't been able to make a one this year. icon_cry.gif

Hope everyone is safe over your way.

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:04am
post #7 of 10

I'm from Iowa, and we are supposed to be getting that stuff in the next 24 hours. Not looking forward to quite that much, although a white Christmas would be nice.

We farm, and my husband tells our kids that there is good snow, and bad snow. Bad snow is anything that makes a mess of the yard, makes it hard to do chores, make the cattle too cold, makes the bottom of your shoes muddy, etc. Good snow is what's left. The first time he said this to the kids, my son (quite the little smart aleck himself) says to Daddy, "If I promise to take the cows sledding with me, will they think it's good snow then?"

My kids would absolutely love what you're getting right now! Hope you stay nice and toasty warm in your kitchen!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:52am
post #8 of 10

This was our front walkway this morning after my husband shoveled. The snow drifts are what made it so bad. The good thing about it is I have a cake due Saturday, so instead of staying up all night the next 2 nights to do it, I can do it during the day tomorrow. I can't go to work because my car won't make it through all the snow. I should have done more today too, but I was enjoying putzing around.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:39am
post #9 of 10

i am so jealous. thats the kind of snow we would get in wisconsin as a kid. i really miss it.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 6:30pm
post #10 of 10

Wish you could send about 3-5 in. SE to Madisonville KY for Christmas!! I know it's HORRIBLE for the travelers and I really do hate it for them......but....."I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!"

Beth in KY

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%