Need To Vent

Lounge By samimax Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 2:27am by indydebi

samimax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samimax Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 11

my sister is nuts! Tonight, we were all together for my mom's b-day dinner. We were talking about my nephew's birthday. She goes "are you still making a cake like you said you would?"

I never said this. ever. I told her tonight I'd be more than happy TO make a cake, she keep inisting that I said that I would do it. I remember telling her I KNEW how to make the kind of cake she wanted, and I'd be more than happy to help.

it's not so much her inisting I said that, it's the fact that she does this all the time. she totally makes things up that people say and twist it to mkae her out to be the good guy, and everyone else in the wrong. She's done this countless times to our mom, making mom sound like a selfish fool.

It makes me so mad and sick inside. I know I can't do anything to change her behavior.

thanks for listening. my stomach hurts because I feel like I did something wrong and am letting someone down.

family. sometimes I feel like we should move to another country to get away from both sides!!!

10 replies
pechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pechee Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #2 of 11

I recently told my husband the next time we move no one will be allowed to know where we live or have our land line phone number.

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:50am
post #3 of 11

Every family has at least one, some are unlucky enough to have a whole pack of pain in the rears..ME ME ME!

My dream home is on top of a mountain, no road, moat around bottom full of gators. The only way to get there by helicopter. That should keep most of them away. icon_lol.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:59am
post #4 of 11

I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm an only child that was orphaned and raised by wolves, it's the way I make it through - that and the fact that I live 45 minutes away from them all and they don't want to drive that far.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 11

We moved about 100 miles away - close enough for them to visit us or we go there, but not close enough that people expect things from us and they don't show up unannounced!!
Barb

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 11

When we married, I moved to where DH was because of his job - closer to his family (the WHOLE family - generations of them). A few years ago, my parents and brother moved closer to us; so now I am 20 minutes or less from all of them. It can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time - walking on that thin line all the time; but you learn to live with it after awhile. If I moved away, then I'd always have to come back for some reason, or have relatives visit overnight or stay for days - this way, that part is eliminated.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 11

samimax
my brother is like that too - drives me absolutely insane

ive gotten to the point that I just ignore him completely usually when he gets into one of those rants.

The day I get married I am moving far far away from any inlaws- thats the only thing that has kept my parent's marriage from going the way of everyone else's in the family.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 11

Yes, yes, & YES!! Move away! We moved away from my family nearly 10 years ago. We live exactly 70 miles away & absolutely LOVE it!! It's just an hour away so we can visit whenever we want. My sister is the big problem in our family. She drives everyone crazy! I can only be in the same room with her for about an hour before we are arguing. She lies like you won't believe & thinks she is right about everything! Everyone just lets her lie but I have to challenge her & tell her when she's lying & when she's wrong. icon_mad.giftapedshut.gif I always have! So living away from her was the best move my family ever made! Move! Your sanity depends on it.
thumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:35pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dueter

Every family has at least one, some are unlucky enough to have a whole pack of pain in the rears..ME ME ME!

My dream home is on top of a mountain, no road, moat around bottom full of gators. The only way to get there by helicopter. That should keep most of them away. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif When you find your perfect location, would you keep an eye out for one for me too????? My only other request would be that some of my windows have decals of what the scenery really looks like on them so I don't see the sad faces at the bottom of the mountain. icon_lol.gif

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:18am
post #10 of 11

Okay mommicakes, its a deal. By the way we can have those windows that the view changes digitally. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif [/quote]

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 2:27am
post #11 of 11

I moved 75 miles away and love it!! As was said above .... close enough to get home if I need to and far enough that I'm away from all of the Jerry Springer drama!!

I purposely have not seen my parents except at funerals for the past 15 years. But I don't have just the average run-of-the-mill parents that drive you nuts ..... my mother is psychotic. Nuts. Insane. Crazy. I will not allow that kind of negative and DANGEROUS person around my children.

It's also ok to say "I don't like you and I dont' want to be around you."

If I lived in the same city block as some of my family members, I could still spend the rest of my life NOT being around them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%