Messy Pb Squares - Need Packaging/presentation Help

Decorating By kwdonlon Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm by DianeLM

kwdonlon Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:37am
post #1 of 4

I made a recipe (from Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook) for Peanut Butter Squares. It tastes better than a Reese's cup, but is incredibly messy/melty/gooey. The recipe has brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and chocolate. The gooey peanut butter layer is on the bottom, the chocolate layer is on the top.

They were made on a jelly roll pan, so they're very thin. I had to cut them while the chocolate was warm and they're impossible to recut since the chocolate shatters.

I have no idea how to serve these. I was going to put them on Halloween trays, but they're too big to fit in candy cups and too small for cupcake papers. They'd taste great on a graham cracker, but they're too small to put on one. Ugg-a-bugga.

Got any ideas? Thank you, thank you in advance. I don't want to keep 'em cuz I'll eat 'em!

Kim

3 replies
ChrisfromNOLA Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

I know you said they were too small for cupcake liners, but did you try the mini cupcake liners? Another idea is, you cut some parchment to the size you need and maybe use some scissors that cuts a decorative design.

Pama2d Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 4

Kwdonlon....

I'm a peanut butter junkie... any chance you could share that recipe??? I make a recipe somewhat like this... the chocolate layer on the top and peanut butter on the bottom. I find that if you let the chocolate settle a bit then warm your knife in hot water it makes it a little easier to get through the top chocolate layer without it cracking.... try that, it may help.

DianeLM Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 4

I, too, am wondering if you tried mini cupcake liners. The candy cups are a little smaller. Also, there's nothing wrong with an item appearing to be "too big" for the cup. As long as you can grab two sides of the cup, it's okay. I make a lot of stuff that hangs over the sides (mini eclairs, crescent cookies, brownies, etc.). A cup that is too small looks much better than one that is too big.

If that doesn't work, could you put two pieces into one cupcake liner?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%