Omg!!!! Colette's Chocolate Cake

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 10:42pm by auntmamie

auntmamie Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

I'm in LOVE. Like major, grab me a white dress and drive me to the church, love!!!!!

This cake is in the oven now, although it almost got eaten by spoon out of the bowl. I've seen several variations (all with the liquor) and decided to use Jim Beam Bourbon Whisky and hot coffee in mine. All I can say is, WOW!!!! And I don't even like whisky!

Everyone really has to try this cake!

5 replies
swheatsue Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 6

Could you provide the link for that cake? I have searched but can't find it in "recipes". We have some major chocoholics in my family.

Thanks!

zubia Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you ,I 'll give it a try.I have her books but I have n't tried any recipe, just cake designs.

weirkd Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 6

Yah, that recipe is the bomb! My niece that doesnt like to eat cake loves that cake!
The only problem Ive had is that sometimes its so moist that it falls apart. Its not good for carving but if your doing straight tiers its fine.

Chef_Stef Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 6

Interesting. I've thought of trying her chocolate cake and never have...maybe I should rethink that. Thanks!

auntmamie Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 6

Here's the recipe - well, one version of it. I saw it on another post here, too, which is where I saw the bourbon as the liquor.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mandarin-chocolate-cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%