How Long Can You Refrigerate A Cake?

Decorating By valextim123 Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm by CristinaB

valextim123 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 4

I have a friend that needs a cake for Saturday, I am going out of town, but could make the cake on Tuesday and then refrigerate it for her. She really does not want to go anywhere else. Has anyone done this? Did it make it mushy or was it just fine. I use a buttercream frosting, 1/2 butter and 1/2 crisco.
Thank you!!!!

3 replies
JaneK Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 4

If it is a mix cake with buttercream icing, it should be fine...they keep for quite a while...
If it is a scratch cake...I dunno....I have done mine 3 days ahead and it was OK but it was a pretty moist cake and brushed with simple syrup...

indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneK

If it is a mix cake with buttercream icing, it should be fine...they keep for quite a while...

I had leftover cake from my daughter's baby shower in my 'frig from Sat until I ate it on Wed ... it was a partially cut cake, too, which doesn't hold up as well as an uncut cake, and it was fabulous. I think it tasted even better on that Wed than it did on Sat (and I had baked and iced it on the prev Thursday!)

CristinaB Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 4

How's about a cake with buttercream and fondant??? I'm sure it'll be fine from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday evening, but thought I'd get and opinion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%