just made the icing mix given by dominique 26 http://forum.cakecentral.com/d.....ml#5702542 and i have to say its great. my only problem is finding a recipe for white sponge cake that isn't completely flavourless and rises like a 'real' cake. i've tried a couple of recipes but they don't seem to rise properly. Hope someone can help i seem to be on a mission.
I can't help with the recipes but I am in need of some good diabetic recipes also. My mom is diabetic. Would you mind sharing the icing recipe as I can't get the link to work. Thanks!
Have you tried the splenda.com website?
I made to chocolate shortbreads for some diabetic neighbours from the splenda.ca site. They were good!
sorry it took so long to reply. Here is the recipe and just got to mention again it's dominique26 that posted this and not me trying to get credit for someone elses hard work. Very tasty even non diabetic people i gave it to enjoyed it a lot.
Ingredients:1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup margarine at room temperature
10 1-gram packets Equal sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, lemon, almond, or other flavoring
Instructions:1. Mix the water, dry milk, and flour together.
2. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, put container in cool water, and stir until cool.
4. Cream the margarine and sugar substitute together until fluffy.
5. Add the cooled sauce 1 tablespoon at time to the margarine while beating.
6. Beat in the vanilla or other flavoring at a high speed.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
This rich frosting is delicious! Nutritional Informationer Serving --
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: .7g
Cholesterol: trace amounts
Fiber: trace amounts
Dietary Exchanges: 1 Fat.