Anyone Know How To Do Apple Blossoms?

Decorating By bashini Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 9:04pm by bashini

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 6

I ha ve seen lote of cakes decorated with apple blossoms. I'm dying to know how to do it. Please help!

5 replies
krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 6

Do you mean icing or fondant? Are you looking for realistic or cute? I can't do realistic icing flowers, but I have done some that were pretty cute out of fondant. I got the wilton fondant flower kit and the first(?) lesson was apple blossoms. I haven't looked at an apple blossom for a while, but they're cute-the little girl next door just loves them.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 6

Here's the wilton how-to link on apple blossoms and a number of other flowers and decors.

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/index.cfm

bashini Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 6

krazykat_14, I love to know how to do it with fondant/flower paste if possible.

indydebi, thanks for the reply, but I;m not good with buttercream flowers and things like that.

hope22023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hope22023 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 6

I have a cake in my photos with cherry/apple blossoms on it in my gallery. I rolled out white gumpaste, used wiltons medium 5 petal cutter to cut out the flowers. I thinned out the petals a little to make them more natural. I lied them on a small puft of cotton coated with corn starch to dry. The I colored them with petal dust, and added wiltons yellow stamen. Attached a wire and there you have it. Really not to hard.

bashini Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 6

Oh Thank you so much hope22023 for your information. I'm definetly going to try that. By the way, your photo is raly lovely. Well done. Thanks again.

Bashini.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%