What Do I Do Next?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 10:50am by spring55

summernoelle Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 3

Last week I posted this, and a lot of people helped:

Basically, a lady EMAILED about 2 hours before she was suppossed to pick up her cake, and told me her father died and that she couldn't get it that day, but wanted to pick it up this week, on Thursday. I didn't hear anything from her all week, so emailed Wednesday to see if she was going to retrieve it, so that I could take it out of the freezer. On Thursday, all was silent still. I think I got ripped off! She said she would want it Thursday, didn't show up again, and won't respond to emails. Is it appropriate to call and tell her I want my payment?

2 replies
tobycat Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:17am
post #2 of 3

I don't think it's worth it. She's probably telling the truth and is grief-stricken and/or overwhelmed with the details of it all. The cake is the last thing on her mind. In her mind, she probably felt she took care of the issue by e-mailing you. If you don't hear from her by the weekend, may I suggest just waiting a couple of days and then e-mailing her. If you don't feel that you can just let it go, then ask for the cost of your materials back. If she's telling the truth, it's awful. If she isn't, you really don't have any way of knowing, so isn't it better to give her the benefit of the doubt?
Hope this works out for you.

spring55 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:50am
post #3 of 3

I don't want to come off sounding harsh...but she does owe you for the cake...regardless of the circumstances.

Can you either email or mail her an invoice. A gentle reminder that she owes you money?

Quote by @%username% on %date%